Friday, November 27, 2009

Post #10

I have definitely learned a lot from this class in this semester. My computer skills were less than mediocre and I wasn't too familiar with any programs except MS Word and Powerpoint. I learned a lot about excel and inspiration and even more things about the internet that I never knew and probably would have never learned had I not taken this class. I enjoyed this class.

I think that the project was a good idea. I liked combining everything that I learned this semester and using it in the end to create one final project. I think that it was good working with a group and getting to know other classmates too. I didn't understand much of the whole wiki thing but it seemed like a good idea to use when working with a bunch of people in a group.

I will most definitely be using many of the skills I picked up in this class during a teaching career in my future. I will use MS Word to create flyers and bulletins and also newsletters to keep the parents updated on classroom activities and progress. I will use Powerpoint to make presentations to my students when I want to explain something and would rather use images and give bulleted points so that my students can stay on track and keep up with me in the lecture. I will use excel for grades because of the advantages it gives with the math and how nice and easy it makes things. I will also use excel and word combined to send out letters to parents because I think that was so cool and I really thought that was a very useful skill to have because it would just make the teachers life easier.

I thought it was interesting to read other students blogs because it gave me cool ideas about how to use different programs for different things. Everyone had great ideas and thought of different things than I had and it was interesting to read them and get inspired by what they thought too and see how they saw things differently than I did and see their different approaches to the same situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment